Wednesday 14 March 2018

My Top Three High End Eyeshadow Palette's That Are Perfect For Spring


Spring is finally in the air and I couldn't be more happier! I love this time of year and it feels lovely to get outside again and not have to wear a million layers just to keep myself warm. You know that spring is almost hear when you see the daffodils starting to sprout, yesterday on my way to pick Archie up from Nursery, I even took my coat off because the sun was shining down on me and it felt wonderful. One thing that I really love with the change of the seasons, is changing up my makeup bag, for the last couple of months I've been on a beauty spending ban (the pain and struggle is real) and I've been shopping my current makeup stash. Although theres no rules as to what makeup palette you wear, I think some of my makeup is more seasonal, especially with the likes of eyeshadow and lipstick. So I had a good rummage through my eyeshadow palettes (theres a few to get through) and I picked out my top three high end ones which I think will be perfect for spring. All three are very different, but I love them all equally. So if you need a bit of inspiration for your spring makeup bag, keep on reading.



When it comes to spring time makeup, my beloved Urban Decay Naked 3 Platte immediately springs to mind. What I love most about this palette is all the soft, delicate pink toned shadows that come inside and you guys know that pink is my favourite colour. It actually took me a good few years to add this palette to my collection as I was always worried about how wearable these shadows would actually be, I think pink on the eyes can be a little harder to pull off and this always put me off. Now I have this palette, I think the complete opposite, the Urban Decay Naked 3 is a palette for everyone and I honestly believe it will suit every kind of skin tone. I think this because all the pink toned shades are really neutral, which makes them perfect for everyday and really easy to wear. Not only is this palette a pink toned one, theres also a lot of shimmer shadows packed inside, which makes this even more perfect for spring. A few of my favourites are 'Burnout', a light rose gold pink that has a subtle hint of shimmer running through it, followed by 'Limit' which is a beautiful dusty pink and a great all rounder; I use it on my crease or all over the lid, depending on which look I'm going for. Another firm favourite in this palette has to be 'Nooner' which is a slightly darker version of 'Limit' but with more of a brown tone to it; This shade is one of those ones that I love to put all over my lid, then blend out to my crease for one of those put together looks that doesn't look too polished. I feel theres something to suit everyone in this palette and if you're wanting to create some really feminine makeup looks, then this palette is a must in your spring makeup bag. 



If someone was to ask me what has been my most used palette, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette would go straight to the top of that list along side the original Urban Decay Naked Palette; These two are probably my most used and most loved palettes of all time. Even though the Chocolate Bar palette is a good all year round palette, I do think there are certain shades in there that are perfect for a really fresh spring makeup look. My most favourite thing about this palette, other than its delicious chocolate smell has to be the quality of the shadows, there all so buttery and are a dream to apply. I love all of the natural warm toned browns, its these kinds of shades that I gravitate towards the most as I find them the most wearable. I love the pretty shimmery shadows such as 'Marzipan' which is a beautiful rose gold shimmer and 'Creme Brûlée' which is the most stunning golden shadow that looks stunning worn over my lids; I think these colours are perfect for spring. I also love 'Salted Caramel' which is a really light caramel brown, which I love using as a transitional shade in the crease, or all over the lid for a really fresh and polished look. 



Now this palette I've had for a few years and I was looking online to see if I could find a link for it and can't find one anywhere. As dedicated as I am to my blog, I got in touch with the Smashbox team and found out that it's been discontinued (boo), but they do have a service on their website call 'gone but not forgotten', so you may still be able to get your hands on it. I don't know if its just me, but I rarely see Smashbox eyeshadow palettes raved about in the blogging world, but their Double Exposure one is one of my all time favourites. What I love most about this palette is that each shadow doubles up, as soon as you apply a wet brush to one of these, it either alters the colour or makes it more intense; How amazing is that? When it comes to eyeshadows I tend to opt for warm tones over cool, but I do like to dip my toes into the cooler shades now and again. I adore the soft lilacs and taupe shades that the Double Exposure palette has to offer, they remind me of spring blooms, which is why i think this palette is perfect for spring. I love how easy and wearable these shades and honestly they are some of the most pigmented shadows I've ever used, so definitely a must have in my makeup bag. 

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I find it so difficult narrowing down my makeup and to pick few select favourites - However I'm really happy with my spring picks, the only issue I'll have every morning is deciding which one to pick! I'd love to know what you planning on switching up this season, if you have any recommendations as to what I need in my spring makeup bag, then please let me know.



If you liked this post, please feel free to pin this image to Pinterest - Thank you x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig