Wednesday 6 December 2017

My Festive Makeup Party Picks


Happy December everyone! Who else is just as excited as me about it being the month of all things festive, I love it. As it's December I'm planning all of my posts around Christmas and everything to do with the season. There are so many gift guides floating around right now (I promise I will have one going up very soon) I thought I'd kick things off with my festive party makeup picks. This weekend I had my works Christmas party, which inspired me for this post, so I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite things.



Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette;
I love all of the Urban Decay Naked palettes, they are some of my favourites, but the Naked 3 has to be my most reached for this time of year. I love all the pink toned shadows and the warm bronzes are perfect for that warm glow. I definitely prefer warm toned shadows and this palette is packed with them. What makes this palette perfect for the party season is that most of these shadows will work amazingly with any of my gold glitter pigments, and lets face it glitter is a MUST for the party season!

Nars Laguna Bronzer;
I feel like I might be cheating a little bit putting my Nars Laguna Bronzer in this post, because its an all year round, everyday favourite of mine! I love it so much that I feel no makeup look is complete without it. I've tried a lot of bronzers of the years and this is by far the best one I've ever used. If you're looking to have your contour on point, or just want a lovely bronzed glow for your party then this is a must have.

MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner Black Ice;
When it comes to party makeup I love to go heavier on my eyeliner, especially using an ultra dark black in my waterline. The best thing about this Pro Longwear Eyeliner from Mac is that its so long lasting and it stays put all day or all night long. It also doesn't run into the corner of my eyes and create those awful black eye bogies, which are the most annoying things ever (does anyone else get those when they wear eyeliner?) This eyeliner is also perfect for smudging out, so if you love creating a smokey eye, then this eyeliner will be perfect.

Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara;
I am obsessed with this mascara, so much so that I'm already on my second tube! Not only does the packaging have party vibes all over it, but it makes my eyelashes look so thick and full that you could easily get away with not wearing any false lashes, which is perfect if you're not a fan. The Troublemaker mascara adds plenty of length and lots of volume and is completely budge proof, so theres no worry of fall out, which is just what you need for any party.


Girls With Attitude Chic 3D Silk Effect False Lashes;
If you are a fan of false lashes, I promise you, you won't find better than Girls With Attitude - They are the queen of lashes. They've recently brought out some new Luxe Silk Effect lashes which are stunning and are perfect for any party. I personally can't go out on a night out or any party without wearing falsies and my current faves are the 'Chic' ones from the new GWA range. These ones have a beautiful thick crisscross design which make my lashes look so full and give plenty of volume. I love how lightweight they are, which makes them incredibly comfortable to wear. Party makeup is all about the glam and these are a way to instantly glam up any makeup look.

Wonderland Makeup Studio Finish Primer;
The last thing you want to be worrying about with any party makeup look, is keeping your makeup staying put, especially when its more than likely you will be dancing the night away. My secret to keeping my makeup lasting is using a primer and my current favourite is the Wonderland Makeup Studio Finish Primer. If you're a fan of the Smashbox Photo finish primer, you will love this one from  Wonderland Makeup as it's dupe, but with a much friendlier price tag. This gives my makeup all the staying power that it needs and I love the smooth finish it gives my skin.

Girls With Attitude Galactic Glow Ombre Highlighting Palette;
Christmas is the perfect excuse to go all out and that means you can get away with applying a little (a lot) more highlighter! This week my faves Girls With Attitude released their new palette which has a trio of highlighters inside. The Galactic Glow Palette is beautiful and I think it's going to be a new favourite of mine. I've actually not tried these out yet, only swathed them and all I can say is WOW - These are going to complete any party makeup look and are a party season essential.

GOSH Lumi Drops;
I love these little drops of liquid gold, like I said you can never have enough highlight, especially at Christmas! I love applying a few drops of these on my cheekbones and I then place my powdered highlighters over the top. I just find using the drops first really helps to intensify any highlight and it helps make my highlighter stay in place - So I'm ready to glow all night long.

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Nonsense 
You guys know that I usually only ever wear nude lipsticks, but this time of year I do like to switch it up a little bit and wear something a little more fitting for the reason. As much as i would love to go all out and be able to wear a beautiful bright red (they just don't suit me) I do love a berry toned red and this Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in the shade Nonsense is perfect for me. It's a stunning plum toned red and looks gorgeous on. I love that its one of Urban Decay's comfort matte formulas - You know I love a matte lipstick and this one is really long lasting and doesn't dry my lips out.

So there we have it, my favourite festive party picks! Let me know whats made your makeup menu this festive season.

Share:

1 comment

  1. I'm with you when it comes to UD love! Their naked 3 palette is my fav!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig