Monday 7 December 2015

Blogmas Day 7 - My Obsession with Revlon || Free Gift Set From Boots

Revlon, Revlon Makeup, Revlon Color Stay, Foundation, Revlon Lip Butter, Brand Focus,
Revlon, Revlon Makeup, Revlon Color Stay, Foundation, Revlon Lip Butter, Brand Focus,

Before I went away at the weekend, I decided to pop into Boots and pick up a few necessary essentials as you do! I didn’t really need to buy any new makeup, but when its all there staring me on the shelves its literally impossible not to. One thing that I did need to pick up was a new eyeliner. For me eyeliner is a bit like mascara, and I’m still yet to find my holy grail one. I’m always swapping and changing and am never loyal to just one. I went to Twitter and so many of you recommend the felt tip one from Revlon and as Revlon are one of my favourite drugstore brands I thought I’d give it ago.

As I browsed the Revlon Isle I noticed (of course I did) that there was an offer on where if I spent £15.00 on Revlon products I would come away with a free Revlon box containing more Revlon makeup…. Result! As one of my favourite foundations happens to be Revlon, I thought I would stock up and of course claim my gift. As the gift set was so pretty and contained full size makeup items, I thought I’d blog about it and give everything mini reviews as I’ve used them all.

The first thing I noticed in the box was the Revlon Lip Butter. Do you remember when these first came out and the bloggosphere went crazy? I swear everyone, including myself was going mad for these and its actually been a long time since I’ve worn any of mine - I have quite a stash, so I should probably rekindle my love with some of them. Any how, I must admit, I got rather excited when I saw this lip butter there as I’ve become obsessed with nudes this year and this shade is such a beautiful one. This Lip Butter is Creme Brûlée which I think is one everyone went crazy for at the time. It’s such a gorgeous soft nude that is really wearable - Think your lips but better! One thing that I’b always loved about the lip butters is that they are so soft and hydrating on, but at the same time have a great colour pay out. I think I’ll be getting a lot of use out of this Lip Butter and am so pleased to welcome it into my ever growing lipstick collection.

Revlon, Revlon Makeup, Revlon Color Stay, Foundation, Revlon Lip Butter, Brand Focus,
Revlon, Revlon Makeup, Revlon Color Stay, Foundation, Revlon Lip Butter, Brand Focus,

Sticking with the nude theme, there was also one of the new Revlon Colour Stay Gel Envy polishes in a really pretty nude shade, which actually matches the Lip Butter perfectly. Don't you just love it when your nails and lipstick match? Thanks Revlon! When it comes to nail polish I am all about the shine, the shinier my nail polish the better, so I just love it when brands do gel nail polish. This one from Revlon gives my nails such a glossy finish. I’m actually really impressed as I’ve now had this on my nails for four days and hardly have any chips and my nails are still really shiny. I’ve not tried any of the other polishes in the range, but this one has a great formula so I think I may have to pick some more up (any excuse!). 

Being a right fuss pot with my mascara, I’m always on the hunt to look for something new - I really can’t wait to be loyal to just one! My little freebie pot came with a Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara. Now I don’t know if this is new or not, but I’ve never tried it so its new for me. I wore this for the first time over the weekend and I have to say I was a fairly impressed. I don’t think I could go as far to say as its one I’ll be repurchasing, but it did give my lashes amazing length and once layered up my lashes also had some good volume. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't give my lashes any lift or curl, so they ended up looking quite flat. I suppose I could curl them before hand but I am way too lazy for that (beauty girl problems!).

Revlon, Revlon Makeup, Revlon Color Stay, Foundation, Revlon Lip Butter, Brand Focus,
Revlon, Revlon Makeup, Revlon Color Stay, Foundation, Revlon Lip Butter, Brand Focus,

The gift box also came with a free eyeshadow quad, which I’ve not photographed as I gave it to my sister right away as I thought she would get better use out of it - I have so many eyeshadow palettes and have more than enough colours. I’m pretty sure it was a neutral palette which had some lovely warm brown shades in for any of you who are interested. 

So as far as a free gift set goes, this one is fab and well worth picking up. Like I mentioned at the start of this post I did purchase two of the Revlon items - The Colourstay foundation which is one of my all time faves and the Colourstay eyeliner. I have to say I’m really impressed with the liner, it makes doing winged liner so easy and faff free. The only problem I have with it, is that it does fade throughout the day which is so annoying; It comes out jet black so I really don't understand where the colour disappears to, but on its first application it does look fab!

Revlon, Revlon Makeup, Revlon Color Stay, Foundation, Revlon Lip Butter, Brand Focus,

I am a big Revlon fan and if you are to I think its well worth popping into Boots right now, spend £15.00 and getting some free Revlon goodies too, especially as all the free bits are full sized products! Total bargain. 

Are you a fan of Revlon? Let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love



Share:

11 comments

  1. I ordered this a few nights ago! My local Boots never has my shade of Colourstay so I resorted to getting it online! Can't resist a free gift!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO easy to spend £15 on Revlon, what a good deal!!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Revlon products too, great post!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! All those revlon products look so so good.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revlon is the first product I purchased as a teenager. It's one of my go to makeup for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty new to Revlon actually but I'm currently trying out there colorstay foundation. I love their lip products <3

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to try that foundation! the free gift sounds amazing! I NEED to go to boots, only problem is I can never only spend that amount haha
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colour Stay Foundation is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you want to try a new felt tip eyeliner the loreal one is great, colour stays on well through the day! And loreal also have a freebie if you spend £15 or over!
    Www.racheleiwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Revlon is probably my favorite drugstore brand. Their products are excellent quality and the packaging looks somewhat high-end. Granted, Revlon slightly more expensive than other drugstore brands but the quality makes it very much worth it :)
    I've been meaning to try the ColorStay liquid eyeliner. If only Adele could maybe drop a winged-eyeliner tutorial, that'd be greeeaat.

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  11. Revlon have some fab products :) I'm a big fan of the lip butters and I've had that mascara before and really enjoyed it. I'd be obsessed with Colourstay if I could get a decent shade match in it! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig