Monday 2 March 2015

February Favourites


I can't quite believe were in March already and I'm sat here typing up another favourites posts. I don't know if it's just me but last month just whizzed by. I kind of love it when we step in to March just because it starts to feel a little bit more spring like - Hello to a change of wardrobe and new makeup. I can honestly say that the pastels nail polishes have made their way back out, which matches my spring time mood perfectly. 

Last month was a great month for discovering new favourites, at the beginning of last month  I went shopping and picked up some new makeup - Nothing beats the feeling of new makeup purchases does it?  I've found myself trying out my new makeup bits, some of them I've used non stop and have made it's way into my monthly favourites.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

If you read my beauty haul post (here) you will have seen that I picked up the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, which had been on my wish list for quite some time. Since picking it up I've been reaching for it non stop and I absolutely love it. I have to say it's one of the nicest palettes I've used in a long while. Each shade is gorgeous, it has such an amazing selection of neutral shades and has a great choice of matte and shimmery shadows to choose from. What I really love about this palette is that all the shadows are so buttery, smooth and apply like a dream; They're really blendable and so pigmented. Of course the chocolate vanilla smell of these shadows are another reason why this palette makes it's way into my favourites, it's honestly the nicest smelling palette I've ever come across - Even taking the pictures for todays post was making my mouth water a little, it really does smell that good.

Makeup Revolution I heart Makeup Lip Lava 

Last month I came across the new Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Lip Lava's which are seriously so impressive. I'm still in awe at how pigmented, glossy and beautiful these liquid lipsticks are. There are five shades in the Lip Lava collection (I've reviewed them all here) but Temor, a beautiful light pink toned lipstick has to be my favourite and one which I've been wearing a lot. It's a perfect spring time colour and I've loved wearing this to brighten up my makeup look. It's such a pretty girl pink and would look good on anyone. 

Mac Brave Lipstick 

Another lip product that I've been loving has been Mac's Brave lipstick. This is another one of those Mac lipsticks that I had been wanting to get my hands on for sometime, much like my beloved Velvet Teddy. I've found Brave to be the perfect everyday nude lipstick, I find that it's more of a pink toned nude, so it just warms my face up nicely whenever I wear this. Again with it being another KJ favourite, I kind of felt the need to have this in my collection, and I really don't regret picking it up. Paired with the right lipliner, this lipstick can give you a much fuller pout - A look which I've been loving these last few months.


L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Last month I not only discovered some new favourites, but fell back in love with some old ones too. When I first picked up the L'Oreal True Match foundation last year, it quickly became a favourite of mine, that was until I started wearing the Revlon Color Stay again, which has to be one of my all time favourites. I started wearing True Match again at the beginning of the month and had forgotten just how much I love this foundation. It gives a medium coverage, is really buildable and gives you naturally looking flawless skin. Whenever I wear this foundation, I feel as though my skin has been given the perfect pick me up as it instantly makes my skin look brighter. I also find that it's really lightweight, so perfect for everyday makeup. If you would like to read more about this foundation you can read my full review here.

Smashbox It's A Wrap Waterproof Makeup Remover 

As much as I love eye makeup, the downside is that no matter what you use it can be a right pain to remove at the end of the evening, especially waterproof mascara and eyeliner. I've been using the Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner a lot this month and if anyone has used it, you will know just how incredibly stubborn it is - The stuff really doesn't budge. Over Christmas I received the Smashbox It's a Wrap Makeup Remover and I've really been putting it to the test over the last month. If you struggle in anyway to get rid of your eye makeup, I promise you, you need this remover, its a God send! It's a Wrap is an oil based remover and gets rid of all your eye makeup in an instant. There is no need for scrubbing or tearing away at your eyes with this product, it just melts away your eye makeup and is so gentle on your eyes. I can't ever see myself without this remover, its that good.

Organic Surge Hydrating Eye Cream

When it comes to skincare I have to say I'm a little lazy when it comes to eye creams and they aren't something I tend to reach for or buy as a matter of fact. However the Organic Surge Hydrating Eye Cream came into my life a little while ago and I've been reaching for it every evenings and most mornings. This eye cream is ever so gentle under the eyes and really does a great job at brightening underneath my eye area and reducing any puffiness. I love how quickly this absorbs into my skin, so its great to apply in the mornings before using my primer, and really helps to sooth over any fine lines.

So that's everything that has made it's way into my favourites. I would if you could share what you've been loving, and if you've typed up a monthly favourites post leave your link in the comments below.

Lots of Love


Share:

17 comments

  1. I'm with you on the Too Faced palette & have it in my Feb Faves too! I just love it! I must try that True Match foundation, have heard so many good things about it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a lovely foundation, would suit every skin type I think :) x

      Delete
  2. All your favourites look so amazing! I'd love to try them all. Especially the Too Faced eyeshadows and the MAC lipstick :) x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, The Too Faced shadows are so amazing - you must try them :) x

      Delete
  3. The Too Faced palette is really amazing, I have been reaching for the brown shades the most, especially the warm ones.

    My favourites are in this post: http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/2015/02/favourite-things-february.html


    Love, Charline
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I also love the shimmery highlight at the bottom, its so pretty xx

      Delete
  4. I am DESPERATE to try the Makeup Rev lip lavas! They look amazing. I love the lip lacquers so I need to try these!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so amazing, you'll love them, especially if you love a glossy lip. I really hope they bring out more shades xx

      Delete
  5. I want MAC Brave so much! No way am I paying the delivery for one lipstick though, wish the counters would stock more!

    Hannah Butterworth - Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Brave, it really is so pretty and very wearable. I managed to get mine from Debenhams x

      Delete
  6. I love brave lipstick! so great :) really want to try the chocolate bar palette.

    shannon
    shanlizlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mac's 'Brave' Lipstick it is one of my staples. I really want to try the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette as it has so many beautiful colours.

    Beth x
    http://www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous isn't it? It's quickly become one of my staples. I love it. I would really recommend the chocolate palette, its so gorgeous xx

      Delete
  8. I would love to swoop in and steal all these favorites! I'd settle for MAC Brave though <3

    Beauty By Tellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the Too Faced palette, it looks so good! Great post, beautiful photos too :)

    Becca xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great favorites! The palette looks great!~ the colors are so pretty!
    ~Kiyomi<3
    kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Chocolate Bar palette so much! xx

    Love, Charline
    http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig