Tuesday 11 November 2014

Bourjois 1 Seconde Ultra Black Mascara



When it comes to mascara, I think it's fair to say that its the one beauty item in our makeup bag that is always changing around. With so many mascaras to choose from, and with it being the one cosmetic that we can't really swatch or try out in the shops before we take it home, it can be really hard to find 'that perfect mascara'. I think I was quite lucky, as around two years ago I picked up the 'L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes' and it soon became my all time favourite mascara; Since then I've been pretty loyal to this one mascara. However Bourjous have changed things up in my makeup routine recently and I've now fallen in love with a new mascara - The Volume 1 Seconde Mascara (in ultra black). 

As some of you may know, I was kindly invited down to the Bourjois press event in London a few weeks ago to take a look at the new makeup that will get us ready for the party season, and I was able to take one of these 1 Seconde Mascara's home with me as part of the amazing goodie bag that I received. Well I can honestly say that this mascara has changed everything and I think I've found my new holy grail mascara - It's that good.

For me the perfect mascara has to give my lashes plenty of volume, have the perfect wand for application - Nothing too big and clumsy and I can't be dealing with the really skinny wands either. I like quite a bristly brush, and one that coats my lashes evenly. The actual mascara also has to be wet, but not so wet that it it takes ages to dry and could easily smear everywhere. The Volume 1 Seconde Mascara does all of this and more and just makes my lashes look beautiful. 

I love the unique wand of the Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara, you might be able to see from the pictures that it has it's usual straight bristles running though the wand, but also has these tiny spherical balls in-between the bristles. This magic wand makes applying the mascara so easy, coating each lash as I turn the wand and most importantly doesn't leave any clumps behind. 

For those of you who are already fans of the 1 Seconde Mascara may notice that this one comes in a black shiny casing, instead of it's usual shiny silver one, and this is because Bourjous have just released the 'Ultra Black' one just in time for the party season. I don't know if it's just me but I love it when a brand offers the darker version of black in its makeup products - For some reason that 'Extra Black' shade really does make a huge difference and adds so much more drama and intensity to your eyes, which I love.  

I really can't fault this mascara, and I know as soon as I've run out, I'll be stocking up on some more. If your looking for mega volumised lashes and a mascara that gives that flash lash effect but without the falsies then I really recommend giving this one ago.

Lots of Love








Share:

4 comments

  1. Sounds amazing. Is this released yet? I'm looking for a new mascara!

    Dusty Foxes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I have the one in just black, not ultra black. The brush is so good and no clumps at all!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely mascara, will definetly have to check this out!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving this mascara! Bourjois are doing so well this season!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig