Friday 7 February 2014

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick By Kate Moss 107 || Review


In my last blog post (which featured some gorgeous blushers from Sleek) I spoke to you all about how I'm so excited and ready to ditch my winter makeup and start switching things over ready for the summer. However there is one lipstick in particular that I'm just not quite ready to say goodbye to yet - Of course I'm talking about the infamous Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in the shade 107. I think every beauty blogger in the world owns this lipstick and I am also one of the thousands who think this lipstick is just gorgeous and stunning on. 

The Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte lipstick in 107 is a deep rich wine red shade that almost looks a little vampy, especially when you look at it right away in its packaging. Although on first appearances  this lipstick can almost look a little too dark, once applied the shade softens down a little and your left with stunningly warm toned berry red on your lips. As far as lipstick goes, I'm not someone who usually opts for matte finishes (I love my cream and satin finishes), especially not in the winter time as my lips tend to get quite dry. However I find that the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick has a velvet like texture to it, and whilst it leaves a matte look on your lips its not at all drying. I actually find the application of this lipstick so easy as it glides on and it almost leaves a creamy finish on your lips for a few minutes before drying out a little - Once left on your lips for a few minutes I find that this lipstick feels more like a stain on as it feels as though its not going to budge at all. 

Because of its matte I find that there is a lot of staying power with when you wear this lippie and it can last for hours before it needs a little touch up. What I really love though is how this lipstick will fade like a stain and it wont leave your lips looking blotchy at all which is just what you need when your wearing a colour which is as striking at this.

Overall this Kate Moss lipstick from Rimmel has to be one of my all time favourites and although it be a little scary looking (especially if your not into bold coluors) I think this would suit most skin tones. Not only has this lipstick been a fabulous staple in my makeup bag this Christmas, I think it would be perfect for Valentines and any special dates you've got lined up! 


I've been thinking about picking up a few more shades in this Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss, so I would love to know your favourites and suggestions? Just let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love
Share:

20 comments

  1. What a gorgeous red shade…and it really suits you! I have a few Kate lipsticks in my collection but they are mostly coral or pink shades. I think i need a red in my life :)

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour looks so pretty and really suits you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous color and finish!

    xx
    http://simplicity-in-pink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous shade, it really suits you! x

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this shade, it looks amazing on you! I find this shade a bit overrated but it is pretty!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous shade, looks lovely on you :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous on you Danielle, I meant to pick this up ages ago and forgot. I'm not sure how much it would suit me.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous colour! Really want to try it as it is a lot darker to the red i own! x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful colour! I love a good dark red lip! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pinky red - I hear such good things about the Kate Moss lipsticks xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this lipstick and it is one of my fave deep reds. It's so easy to wear! I never used to be into bold lips but I really like it.

    C x | Gymbags & Gladrags

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have other colors from this line and do not really like them. but people always rave about this particular color. maybe there is difference between the colors as well. tempted..

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig