Sunday 2 February 2014

Pixi Redness Reducing Primer


I think a good primer is one of those items in your makeup bag that you either love and cannot live with out, or completely none existent as you've never bothered to purchase one and see what all the fuss is about! Sadly for the longest of time I've been the latter and I've never bought into or seen the hype or fuss around primers - until now that is.

A little while ago before Christmas I won a Twitter competition that the brand Pixi we're running and it was to win one of their Redness Reducing Primers. I was pretty excited about winning and was looking forward to trying and testing out my first primer. I have to say I've been so impressed with the results and I feel that since winning the Twitter competition I've had a little life changing moment when it comes to my everyday makeup routine as I will now reach for this primer every morning without fail!

I love the feel of this primer on my skin as once applied it gives my skin a lovely smooth satin finish and my skin feels so soft. I find that it makes a great base for my foundation to sit on and applying my foundation becomes a much easier and effortless task in terms of blending when I use this Pixi Primer. One thing that I was always worried about when using a primer is that it could possibly be too heavy on my skin and not sit right with my moisturiser and my other makeup that is used once applied the primers been applied. However I was really surprised at just how lightweight this primer is, it was almost like it absorbed into my skin right away and left it looking pretty flawless. 

One thing that I think makes this primer pretty special is the fact that it's a 'redness reducing' primer, which is why its a pale green colour (green beauty products do a great job at cancelling out any redness on your skin). Although the colour is a little bit off putting, as its not the colour you'd normally put on your skin, it does such a great job at hiding any red marks that you may have. In the morning I am terrible for having little blotchy red patches on my skin, especially around my cheeks and nose and this primer erases (until washed off) all of those red patches which is amazing. Not only does it give your skin the illusion of having a great even complexion, but your skin is not left with any green tinge either, which is a huge relief. 

As well as reducing redness this Pixi Primer also contains Vitamins A & E, plus Aloe Vera which is great for soothing and helping calm down any inflammation on your skin. It's a huge plus knowing that this primer is doing some good to my skin as well as helping it to look fabulous.

As for packaging, I have to say I adore the simplicity of it and I love how the colour of the packaging matches the colour of the primer. Pixi is a brand that I've heard a lot about, but have never gotten around to trying until now. I have to say I've been so impressed with this Primer and am eager to try out more products from the Pixi range. If any of you ladies have tried and tested out any other Pixi products I would love to know your recommendations? 

Overall I've been loving this Pixi Redness Reducing Primer and I'm now officially a lover of the primer! I would love to know what primers you love and what ones you recommend!


Lots of Love


Share:

8 comments

  1. Ive never used a primer either, but this does look like it would be perfect! I also have red patches and hate the appearance of my foundation over them. Definitely going to have to try this soon! xx

    http://anyamaybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such good quality and not bad for the price tag!

    nailsandteapots xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I wasn't expecting this primer to be green! It makes a change from the gel ones that are usually around.

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m not normally one for primers either, I usually forget all about them to be honest! This one sounds so good though, I’ve been looking to try one that evens out your complexion!x

    zoeyinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need this I have such bad redness :(!

    Berrie-Blogs: Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew pixi had this primer! Really would love to try their products, including this as i tend to get redness on my cheeks! xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Pixi products — haven't tried this primer, but I'm obsessed with the Perfection Palette. Others I'd recommend: the Brow Duo, Correction Concentrate (so good for undereye bags) and Endless Silky Eye Pens (I like them better than Urban Decay!).

    I've also been reading a ton about their Glow Tonic toner. It's only on their website but supposedly it's like a holy grail skincare product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. redness reducing is advisable in such cases. Recipes looks good but I have always preferred it that way.

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig