Monday 6 January 2014

Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Buttercream


For those of you who have been following my blog for sometime will know that I have a huge weakness for moisturisers and body butters. I've said this before and will say it again, moisturising my skin with a luxurious body butter has to be one of my favourite parts of getting ready. I find it such an indulgent treat and nothing beats the feeling of rubbing a heavenly body butter over your skin to give it some much needed hydration and moisture.

When it comes to choosing the right Body Butter, Soap & Glory have always stood out for me as their body butters are amazing and stand out way above the rest - I don't think I've ever tried a bad one! As Soap & Glory have quite the selection of body butters to choose from I usually tend to stick with my fvourites such as Sugar Crush and the Righteous Butter. However I decided to branch out a little and try something different based on recommendations from other beauty bloggers. I thought it was about time I tried their Smoothie Star Body Buttercream and oh my gosh its absolutely incredible and I'd even go as far to say this is the best body butter I have ever used in my life, and coming from me that is quite the statement!

The Smoothie Star Body Buttercream is a thick but lightly whipped moisturiser that contains five intensive oils that will make the driest of skin super silky soft. This moisturiser has a mixture of coconut oil, almond oil, pistachio oil, shea butter and cocoa butter all infused together that will make your skin incredibly soft. This moisturiser is such a dream to apply, although its really rich and thick in texture, it skins into the skin so quickly and leaves your skin feeling instantly hydrated and nourished. If your someone who suffers from dry skin, you will love the benefits from using the Smoothie Star Body Buttercream, it really makes such a difference after one use and you skin feels amazing all day.

Not only is the actual body butter wonderful, but the scent is to die for, it has to be the most delicious smelling body butter I've ever smelt, it actually makes me want to eat it. The sweet vanilla fragrance gives this body butter the smell of cake mix, and although its really sweet smelling, it's not too sickly or overpowering. I find that the pistachio and almond oils used make this body butter smell a little more sophisticated, which makes the sweet smell not as rich. One thing that I always want from a body butter, is for the smell to really transfer onto my skin and I love how this body butter really leaves my skin smelling yummy hours after application - I'm forever getting people tell me I smell really sweet whenever I wear this. With the smell being so sweet, it makes it the perfect body butter for this time of year, I think it may be a little too much in the summer months when its really hot and sticky. However using this after a relaxing bubble bath on a cold winters evening is perfect - I sit on the sofa in my pajamas after using this and am just surrounded by sweet smelling smells - its heavenly.

I cannot fault this body butter in anyway and I can see this becoming a holy grail moisturiser for me, it really is that fabulous. If I've still not convinced you that you need to try the Smoothie Star Body Buttercream, I urge to you take a sneaky smell of it on your next visit to Boots - I promise you that you will want to take it home.

I would love to know if you've tried this body butter from Soap & Glory and if you rate it as much as I do. Be sure to let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love



Share:

9 comments

  1. Soap & Glory smells amazing, I love all their body butters!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love S&G body butters! Great review :)
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try this version as I've only tried the original body butter which I really liked.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smelling S&G products is my weakness! :[
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Soap and Glory. They seem to have good products overall as I have yet to find a dud from the line. I love the packaging too! Thanks for posting :)

    http://thecosmeticeffect.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh i love soap and glory, so i might have to try this out xx

    http://a-little-treat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite S&G body product by far and to me it beats all of the Body Shop body butters with is fantastic formula and super lovely scent! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anyone know where to buy Soap and Glory products in Australia ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe and your personal touch throughout the article. I'll definitely be following your blog for more silky summer whipped body butter and beauty inspiration. Keep up the fantastic work, and here's to a summer filled with silky, radiant skin!

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig