Thursday 25 April 2013

Bikini Body Ready | Get In Shape



Image: WeHeartIt

Hi lovely ladies, I have a little bit of a different post for you all, no beauty products on show today. However I really wanted to get this post up and see how many of you are trying to get bikini body ready for the summer, or are just wanting to loose a little weight or tone up.

The summer is fast approaching us and I know that a lot of you are super excited just like me to be whisked away on your summer holidays, somewhere gorgeous and sunny. With the opportunity to catch the sun rays and turn our skin into a filthy shade of brown, means getting down into our skimpy bikinis - And I'm sure your nodding your head in an agreement here, but the smaller the bikini means less tan lines!! For me when I go on holiday, especially the sort where you just lounge by the pool and sunbathe, all I will wear predominantly throughout the holiday is a bikini. In a way wearing a bikini is just like wearing your undies out, when you think about how much clothing is actually covering you up and for me and loads of others out there, this can be terrifying and daunting. I know people look at me and think oh well she is tiny anyway - Does not mean I don't have those lumpy and bumpy bits on my body that I wish to hide away from the world. Which brings me to the whole purpose of this post - Hello mission bikini body ready! Looking and feeling good in a bikini is something that is on a lot of our minds right now, and with the weeks counting down, there is no better time to get in shape so that we feel confident with our bodies wearing next to nothing. Even if your not going on holiday and are not planning on wearing a bikini at all this summer, toning up and leading a healthier lifestyle will make you feel so much better and give you that extra boost of inner confidence. Remember ladies, confidence and inner beauty is where true beauty really shines, so if you are feeling a little bit down about those lumps and bumps on those bums and tums read on. If your completely happy and comfortable with you body, then I lift my floral crown off to you, and beg you to leave a comment below sharing your tips on how to reach this state of mind. 

So when it comes to my body, my biggest flaw or the body part which makes me cringe the most should I say, has to be my butt. Secondly my next cringe worthy body part has to be my tum... It may not be pudgy, but it would be nice to see a little definition there and get it toned up. Around three weeks ago I was catching up on my YouTube videos and came across Carly Rowena's channel  and found myself subscribing right away. Carly has all sorts of videos on her channel ranging from fitness, beauty and lifestyle - She is gorgeous and not to mention her body is perfect. When you picture in your mind a healthy toned beautiful body, this beauty has it and for that alone she is an inspiration. But what is a real bonus, is that in Carly's videos she tells you just how you can achieve a bikini body and how to live and maintain a healthy lifestyle.


Carly's 30 Day Squat Challenge - I saved this picture to my phone to keep me motivated. You can find it on Carly's Instagram 'carlyrowena'

One of Carly's videos which completely got me hooked was her 30 Day Squat Challenge. If your lusting after a booty that will rival J-Lo's then I urge you to take part and have a look at the video. Like I said my bum is something that troubles me when I think about parading it off in a bikini, so I decided to take up Carly's challenge. So far I'm on day 15 (super proud that I've made it half way though) and already I'm noticing changes in my body and my booty. Don't get me wrong ladies, this is not an easy challenge, I've felt muscles in my bum that I didn't even know where there. The only time I felt my bum in the past was sitting on the same spot for too long and getting a numb bum from it. Not any more I tell you! And not to mention its a killer on your legs - No pain no gain as those fitness fanatics often tell you. Fifteen days into the challenge and I'm already noticing that my bum is a little more perkier and feeling firmer around the edges, which is just what I'm wanting. This makes me even more motivated to see this challenge though till the end. I even got a comment from a friend at work today who said 'Danielle, your butt is looking pretty perky in your disco pants' - Over the moon I was, I tell you!

Also on Carly's channel is her most recent challenge to help us get bikini body ready, which is the 30 Day ABS challenge, which I only just started today. The challenge will only take you 5 minutes to complete each day, which sounds easy right? No, after a grueling 5 minutes I can report that these exercises are a killer. But I tell myself that if I've noticed a change in my booty just after 15 days then I'm sure it wont be long till I start seeing good changes on my tummy too. 

As I'm no fitness expert, I wont pretend to know that I know what I'm doing when it comes to doing the right exercises and certianlly wont attempt to try and show you how I do these simple exercises properly. But if you are wanting to know Carly will explain it all in her channel and there is plenty of other material out there that will show you how to exercise properly.

These challenges are how I'm planning on getting bikini body ready, ones the challenges are over I'll be sure to update you on here and let you know where I go from there. As these are challenges I would love to know if any of you are doing anything similar, or are wanting to take up the challenges yourself. Although we might not be able to exercise together, knowing someone who is doing the same thing as you helps to spur you on, commit to the challenge and is great for motivation. So if any of you are wanting to get in touch, or just want to moan with me about our achy bodies, please get in touch with me in the comments below, or send me a tweet at @Sunshinesprkle I will be sure to reply to you! As well as doing these challenges, I also add in my 'flexacising' in the morning, which is basically a load of stretches I've put together to work on my flexibility. I don't know how many of you are interested on getting your bodies bendy and flexy - But I do know a lot about this being a dancer all my life and from cheerleading. So if you do want to know how I get my body to bend, then please let me know as I'm more than happy to help. Remember anyone can be flexible  you just have to have a lot of time, patience and determination. 

Image: WeHeartIt

I've found that doing these exercises works best first thing in the morning - Get them over and done with right? I can honestly say once the first week was over, I did start feeling a lot better. I found exercising in the morning gave me a lot more energy throughout the whole day and pop a spring into my step at work. I've also found that I'm sleeping a lot better in the evening and as an insomniac this has been a little god send -Being able to drift a little while after my head hit's that pillow has been amazing. 

So if you are taking part in the challenge, be sure to let me know beauties  as I would love a beauty blogger work out buddy. I've managed to get all the girls at work to step up to the challenge and as much as were aching, were all having a right giggle about how hard it is to walk up the three flights of stairs there. If you do take up the challenge be sure to follow Carly on Twitter too, as she loves to hear about your workouts and every time I've tweeted her, shes messaged me back with a tweet that motivates me even more - What a babe.


What are you doing to get yourself bikini body ready? And more importantly where are you off on your holidays? I would love to know!

Share:

33 comments

  1. I love this post! I'm thinking of trying some of the challenges out, after realising I'm so unfit I have a feeling it is going to be a bit of a struggle aha!

    Good luck with the rest of yours!
    Monica Xx
    moniimoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the squat challenge! So sore! But I can already see a difference in my thighs and butt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I scrolled down and like WOAH! Naughty picture, haha!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get back into shape.
    A rough few weeks has meant to much comfort eating!

    Kelly | My Blog: Day Dreams & Daisy Chains | Bloglovin' :Day Dreams & Daisy Chains | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You absolute cutie, thank you so much for writing about me in your post. I will share this on my Facebook and Twitter. If i can ever help in anyway please let me know xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've completed the squat challenge and my bum feels amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always struggle with sticking to things! This looks amazing though, I've heard people that have had some good results. About to check the abs one out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!! I am going to check out Carly's YouTube etc & get started! Defo need to tone up my bum & tum xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm off to Ibiza in July and the thought of being in a bikini all day, most likely surrounded by lots of gorgeous girls, fills me with a bit of panic. I already go running 3-4 times a week (New Year's resolution still going strong, whoop!), so I'm happy with my legs and my bum, but my belly is just a disaster zone. I think I'm gonna try the abs challenge and I'd also love it if you shared your flexibility routine! I used to do yoga and my bendiness was great back then, but as soon as I stopped I basically turned into a brick again, haha.

    http://beautifulsmudges.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting this!
    I am now watching her videos and they are brilliant!
    Deff gonna try out the challenges! :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is just what i needed! I went through a stage a couple of years ago where i did squats every night before bed and noticed such a difference within weeks. I then went on holiday and didnt continue to do it when i got back and i regret it! Definitely going to try this challenge! although i struggle to do 10 let alone 50 to start up ;) will have to egg each other on beaut! haha
    saved the picture to my phone - I begin next week ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to do this challenge! I want my bum and tum to improve to so im going over to her youtube channel and Im going to do this thang! :D Good luck and Id love if you update us and tell us how its going in a couple of weeks! I really needed to get a little push to start working out so thankyou! Im following you now :)X
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just subscribed to her channel and I cannot wait to watch the videos once I've left this comment. I'm currently doing the 30 day shred but I feel like 20minutes isn't enough so I want to do something on top of that :)

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started the squat challenge and then forgot after 2 days when I got back to uni :( ill start again tomorrow after reading this! I want to work on my tummmy too so I'll have to have a look at the video! What do you do for your flexibility? Im a dancer too, but had a break of just over a year so I'm the most unflexible I've ever been and I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post! Really motivating, I wanted to do the squat challenge but just needed some motivation! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is such a motivational post - the part of my body I feel I really need to work on is toning my tummy - I'm always so self conscious about wearing bikinis! :-( good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for this post! I was gonna do a post or tweet asking for any fitness tips but you've given me some inspiration and a lot of help. It's not that I want to lose weight, but more to get fit because I know that if I'm fitter than I will be more confident going out in a bikini! Her tips are really useful, although I'm a bit sad about giving up bread.. (I'm gonna starve! Haha) and the exercises are different to just the standard crunches, which apparently are not very effective!

    Thank you for the recommendation - I'm with ya all the way! (After I've finished all the chocolate stashed in my room! ;) hehe)

    ~Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I can't imagine doing more than 100 squats! I have started to work out again, even though for me summer is over and winter is just beginning as I want a head start on my bikini body :P I hope I can be as motivated as you!! I might give the squat challege a miss, but will definitely try and do the abs workout! Thanks for all the info :)
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to do the 3 day challenge so bad :(
    www.buttonsandlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sooo not ready! I'm going to try and do the squat challenge - although I usually forget!! so naughty!

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Atm I use myfitnesspal to keep my calories in check, defo gonna look into doing some of these exercise challenges to get summer ready! megan xx

    emmiegee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! Found your blog through the giveaway with Gemma, I love it!
    Definitely giving this 30 day squat challenge a go xx

    Rachel - beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have been doing the squat challenge for 10 days and it is a killer!! But i hope it pays off. I have followed you xx

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post seriously motivated me! i've been working out a lot lately and eating healthy and i love it so far!! i want to try the 30 day challenge soon, it looks epic (:

    alanaburkebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need some workout! I start running last week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I gave up after day 7 was in so much pain! I need to give it another go haha
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for sharing this and leting us get to know Carly! She is amazing and I will definitively start this plan and maybe her recent abs plan

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a great post and I can totally relate as I am also trying to get bikini-ready! I am a runner but recently got really sick and had to take some time off so now that I am getting back into it and man-o-man it's tough! I have been running about 30 minutes a day and then I walk (hike lol) to and from the track which takes 40 mins. So in total I have about 1 hour / 1hr n 10 mins of cardio. I have also commited to doing fitness classes twice a week and I've decided to do Kick Boxing and Spin classes because they build muscle and burn fat all at once!
    I will definitely be doing that squat challenge, who doesn't want a great bum really? The Ab challenge sounds intense but I may do that too - my tum has always been my problem area and I always hate working it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Squat 270 times!
    I bet I will give it a try dear.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've tried and almost completed the squat challenge and now I want to do her abs challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Definitely going to give this a try, I like the sound of the rest days particularly xD
    But 250 squats on day 30?! Scarrryyy. Oh well, we'll see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I want to try, but unfortunately I'm too lazy :P but after reading your post I guess I'm more motivated!! It's a hard challenge though..

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig