Tuesday 4 September 2012

MUA (Makeup Academy) Blush Shade 5





Hi girls! One makeup item that I simply adore has to be blush, so much so that I think it has to be one of my most favourite makeup items to apply and I tend to buy more blushers than I do pretty lipsticks! Shockingly I've never got my hands on any of the MUA blushers and I've heard nothing but amazing things about them in the beauty blogger world. So when I popped into my local Superdrug the other day I decided to part with my £1.00 and purchase one of the new blushers that MUA have just released into their blush range. 

I picked the blush that is in Shade 5 and I have to say the colour of this blush is right up my street and its become my go too blush! My camera has not quite picked up the true colour of this MUA blush, so I'll try my best to explain to you how it really appears. This blush is the most beautiful coral, pink peachy colour and has slight golden shimmer undertones to it. The shimmer however is so fine that it's very subtle once applied to your cheeks and this could easily be worn day or night. 

What I love about this blush it's that for £1.00 it's so pigmented and blends very easily when applying it. There is no fear of having those awful blush lines where it wont blend in nicely which we all know is never a good look! The MUA blush has a slight chalky feel to it, but it once its on your cheeks, it feels like a good quality blush. As for staying power; I wasn't expecting great things because of the price, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find that four hours after application, the blush it was still where I applied it and only needed a slight touch up. 

MUA have six different shades in their blush collection and I would say that this one is more suited to medium skin tones. But having said that, this blush is very buildable and for those of you with fairer skin, I think that this would still be perfect for you, if you used a light hand when applying it.

Overall I love this blush and love the way it looks on my skin and for the price you can't go wrong. I'm tempted to go back into Superdrug and buy other five shades of blush in the collection. For those thinking about getting this blush you can order it from the MUA website here


   
What do you think beauties? Have you tried this blush yet? Let me know your thoughts.

Lots of Love



Share:

22 comments

  1. such a lovely color!
    I really want to try it out.
    I love NYX Pinched or mauve, also summer peach, there all my go tos for the summer

    xo

    Haylee

    http://www.dolledupdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would defiantly recommend it lovely, especially as it was so cheap! I've heard so many good things about the NYX blushers I need to get my hands on one x

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous coral shade. I love MUA, such a bargain! Have got one of their blushers already but a more pink colour. Think I need to get this one too, only £1 they're amazing! x

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing for a pound, I dont think you can go wrong with MUA xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely shade :) i've been dying to get my hands on some MUA products, they look so lush! One of my all time fave blushers is Benefits Sugarbomb :D

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many good things about Sugarbomb, am dying to get my hands on it xx

      Delete
  4. I love it too, thank you for buying me one :D

    Charlee, MYSTRINGALING
    XX

    http://mystringaling.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looked a tad orangey in the pics but then when I saw the swatch you can see the coral tone that you've said about. Think I'll have to pick this one up if they have it!

    Lauren
    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its definitely worth having in your collection, your right it does look a bit orange in the pictures, this blush did not want to be shown in its true colour, but I think its so pretty once its on xx

      Delete
  6. It looks gorgeous! I'll have to pick this one up as I have a medium skin tone! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you have medium skin tone, i think this will look gorgeous on you xx

      Delete
  7. i picked up this shade and a pink one too (cant remember the number). I wwas really impressed with both, considering im such a make up snob and only like the high end brands usually. This week ive bought the liquid eyeliner and the white pencil eyeliner from MUA too, and both are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was usually a bit of a makeup snob and refused to believe that something for a pound could be so good, but I'm pleased I tried MUA as I love their products. I am still wanting to try the liquid liner xx

      Delete
  8. wow thats a VERY pretty peachy coral blush! :D i love how it is also matte and is flawless when applied

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such gorgeous shade!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig