Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bargain at Boots

Yesterday I popped down to my local Boots to treat myself to a Boots Meal Deal Lunch (any excuse to go in there). Apart from needing some much needed food, I was also running low on my concealer. Normally I'm a huge fan of the Collection 2000 lasting Perfection Concealer which seams to be a bit of a cult item in the beauty world. 

However, before popping the Collection 2000 Concealer in my basket, I stumbled across the small clearance section stand in my Boots and there was loads of Myface Cosmetics that was going really cheap, including the new concealer I bought.


I pretty sure that all the Myface beauty bits were selling cheap because Boots are discontinuing this line of makeup. I can't say that I've really tried a lot from the Myface line in the past other than a blusher and lip gloss (which I loved) but I know that the products weren't that cheap. I found out that the Myface Concealer I picked up was supposed to be sold at £7.99 but I got it for £1.99, which is even cheaper than the Collection 2000 one so I got myself a right bargain. 

Not only was this concealer cheap as chips, but so far I'm really enjoying using it. For a start the packaging is very sleek and simple. I like the fact that you can see right though to the concealer and that there is no writing that will smudge away on the plastic. Although the white lid will probably get dirty within a few days, I love it when a company uses white packaging on their products.


The Myface concealer wand uses a doefoot applicator which makes applying this concealer easy and gives you a lot of precision. 


As far as colour goes, I had to take a bit of a gamble. Due to the concealer being in the clearance section, there weren't any testers that I could use to do an in-store swatch. I decided to go with the the shade 112 for Fair skin and I have to say that my gamble paid off as the colour is almost perfect. It would be great for pale/light skin tones and those of you who really want your eye area brightening up.


As with any concealer, use and coverage are really important. To be honest I didn't know what to expect when I bought this. I was hoping that for the original price that it would be a decent product that did the job, and now having tried and tested it, it certainly does. I have quite bad under eye circles as I never get enough sleep and this concealer defiantly helped to cover the darker areas. 


This is defiantly a full coverage concealer as the consistency of the product is fairly thick and has an almost cakey feel to it. If your not a fan of heavy concealers then I wouldn't waste your money on this. 


But if you do like a full coverage concealer, then for the price the Myface concealer is brilliant. I was a bit worried with it being so thick that it wouldn't blend in very well and I found that it did take quite a bit of dabbing and patting for it to blend in completely, but once it had it looked lovely on. One good thing is that although it feels heavy to the touch it  doesn't feel heavy one applied or slide though out the day.


So all in all I'm super pleased with my bargain at Boots and if your wanting to try out the Myface concealer I would hurry up and check the clearance section of your local Boots. I've checked on the website for you beauties and there selling all the Myface cosmetics really cheap, including the blushers which are really good, you can find the link here.

I hope you enjoyed this review beauties and as always I would love to know your thoughts



Share:

4 comments

  1. Ooh this looks quite good, you can't complain for £1.99! I might check and see if there is a sale on Myface in my local Boots :)

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed with the price, defiantly check it out and see what you can find babes x

      Delete
  2. This looks really good! I've never tried MyFace cosmetics before although I always have a quick glance when im in boots!x


    http://styleandstarbucks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed using this concealer since buying it, hopefully you will be able to catch the good discounted prices xx

      Delete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig